Review: Banila Co. Clean It Zero – Cleansing Balm & Foam

clean it zero cleansing balm

This blog post contains affiliated links.

I’ve shifted my cleansing routine to incorporate cleansing balm for about 95%, with the remaining 5% dedicated to cleansing water. Wondering why? Well, my initial experience with Clinique Take the Day Off cleansing balm was fantastic, and I’ve been hooked ever since. While there’s nothing wrong with Clinique, I felt the itch to explore new options, leading me to try the Banila Co. Clean It Zero cleansing balm and foam.

In 2023, after finishing my Banila Co. Clean It Zero, I decided to reorder based on my satisfaction. Having experienced positive results, I felt compelled to share my thoughts. This time, I opted for the Marble Edition Set, which includes two products and a headband.

Banila Co. Clean It Zero offers a variety of products catering to different skin concerns, each distinguished by unique packaging colors. Today, I’ll be focusing on the Original (in pink packaging), specifically formulated for all skin types.

Clean It Zero – Cleansing Balm

Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, PEG-10 Isostearate, Synthetic Wax, Onsen-Sui, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Lithospermum Erythrorhizon Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Ethylhexylglycerin, Water, 1,2-Hexanediol, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Extract, Angelica Archangelica Root Extract, Malpighia Glabra (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Polydiethyleneglycol Adipate/IPDI Copolymer, Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates/Methoxy PEG-15 Methacrylate Copolymer. Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients.

Inside the package, you’ll find an applicator that allows you to dip the product without using your fingers, promoting better hygiene. I commend the brand for this thoughtful feature.

How I apply the balm involves using the applicator to dip into the product. Once on my finger, I warm it between both hands before applying it to my face. I massage it all over until the makeup melts seamlessly. Take extra care around the eyes, as the product can be a bit glaring; personally, I prefer keeping my eyes closed during application. The texture of the balm is amazing, soft and smooth! 

The product smell very nice, there is fragrance in the ingredient list (Tip: The ingredients are listed in the product based on how much of each is in it, with the highest percentage ones mentioned first).

clean it zero cleansing balm texture

Clean It Zero – Foam Cleanser

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Laureth-7, Palmitic Acid, Glycol Distearate, Glycol stearate, PEG-8, Sodium Methyl Stearoyl Taurate, Sorbitan Olivate, Butylene Glycol, Panax Notoginseng Root Extract, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Malpighia Glabra (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, CI 14700. Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients.

clean it zero cleansing foam

I typically perform a double cleanse on my face since I wear makeup nearly every day. The initial step involves using a cleansing balm to eliminate all makeup and sunscreen, followed by a foam or liquid cleanser for deep cleansing.

Let’s delve into my first experience with the foam cleanser. The texture of the cleanser stood out to me right away; it’s pleasant, and I don’t need to use a lot, yet it generates a sufficient amount of foam. The fragrance is delightful, and the soft touch during the facial massage adds to the overall experience. After rinsing it off with water, the clean and fresh feeling is undeniable.

clean it zero cleansing foam

However, there’s a small drawback for me – my face tends to feel a bit dry afterward. Personally, I prefer a cleanser that leaves my skin feeling softer. It’s interesting how different products can evoke various sensations, and finding the perfect balance for individual preferences is an ongoing journey in the world of skincare.

Overall

Remember that skincare products work differently for everyone. What works for me may not work for you, and vice versa. This result is based on my personal experience.

APPEARANCE/DESIGN
INGREDIENTS
EASE OF USE
EFFECTIVENESS
VALUE FOR MONEY

Shop the Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *